Who doesn’t enjoy a yummy pumpkin pie during this beautiful and golden autumn season? Well, I do. Specially if it is healthy and tasty at the same time! So here it is: my latest pumpkin cheesecake pie recipe, just for you 🙂 And this one – ladies and gentlemen – is raw, veggie and delish!
In this week’s video I will show you all the steps on how to make your own pumpkin pie recipe, with all plant-based ingredients and with a low fat raw vegan option for those of you who may be following the 80:10:10 low fat raw vegan diet or just want to keep your nuts and fat intake low. Plus, if you don’t know how to cut and use a raw pumpkin from scratch, I will show you exactly how to get started in the blink of an eye.
This cheesecake recipe is very tasty, creamy and rich, very aromatic with cinnamon and warming spices, perfect for Autumn and the holiday fever beginning to sparkle all over town. Are you drooling already? Then get ready to watch this sweet video-receipe and make your own pumpkin pie today!
The Pumpkin Pie Recipe
The pumpkin cheesecake pie is very easy to make and very good for your health. You’ll need to prepare the pumpkin flesh, the crust and the delicious filling. Just follow the recipe and enjoy your pie 🙂
First, prepare the pumpkin flesh:
- Cut your pumpkin into 2 halves and remove the seeds.
- Cut one half of the pumpkin into pieces but be careful with the knife.
- Remove the skin of the pumpkin slowly.
- Dice the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Put the pumpkin flesh (2 cups) in warm water. Make sure it is warm water not hot or boiling water. Leave the pumpkin flesh in the warm water.
Second, prepare the crust. You’ll need a food processor to mix the ingredients of the crust.
- Mix 2 cups of walnuts and pecans. Put the mixture in your food processor.
- Add 1/2 cup of coconut flour in your food processor. If you don’t find coconut flower, you can use shredded coconut or dried coconut.
- Add 4 or 5 me-due dates in your food processor.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt in your food processor.
- Blend the ingredients of the crust together.
- Pour the crust mixture inside a baking tray. Use a baking tray with removable parts.
- After you pour the mixture. Use your hands to press the crust to the base of the baking tray to create the crust.
Third, prepare the filling for the pumpkin cheesecake pie. You’ll need a blender to make the smooth filling.
- Put the 2 cups of pumpkin pieces in the blender. Make sure that they are dry and add them without any water.
- Soak 2 cups of raw cashew nuts in water for 4 hours or at least 20 minutes.
- Add the 2 cups of cashew nuts in the blender.
- Cut a sharon fruit or a persimmon in pieces and add it in the blender. You should use a ripe sharon fruit.
- Add one cup of carrot juice. It will bring out the orange colour in the filling. If you can’t make carrot juice, don’t worry its optional, just use water instead of carrot juice.
- Add 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add 1/2 cup of agave nectar. If you don’t have agave nectar you can use 1/2 cup of honey or 1/2 cup of maple syrup or 1/2 cup of coconut nectar. Choose what you prefer and add it to the bender.
- Add 1 tablespoon of organic vanilla paste. If you don’t have any, you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Add 1 tablespoon of organic white and sweet miso paste. Its the secret ingredient of this pumpkin cheesecake pie recipe. The miso paste will bind the filling together to create a creamy texture.
- The last ingredient to add is a mixture of pumpkin pie spice. For creating the mixture use:
2 teaspoons of grounded cinnamon,
1/2 teaspoon of grounded nutmeg,
1 teaspoon of ginger,
1/4 teaspoon of cloves,
1/4 teaspoon of allspice which is also known as pimento, Jamaica pepper or English pepper. If you can’t find allspice, its optional so you don’t have to add it to the blender.
Add this mixture of pumpkin spice in the blender.
- Once all the ingredients are in the blender, blend it until they are smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust in the baking tray.
- Shake the baking tray to have a flat and smooth texture on the top. If there are any lumps, use your spatula to make the surface smooth.
- Once you have a smooth and flat surface, put your pumpkin cheesecake pie in the freezer for about one to two hours or until it becomes firm.
And that is all, you have a very tasty, delicious and beautiful pumpkin cheesecake pie. Enjoy it!
Although this amazing pumpkin pie recipe is very delicious, its a high-fat recipe, so if you are going on a low-fat diet and want to decrease your fat intake use bananas in the recipe instead of cashews and you’ll enjoy a low-fat and delicious pumpkin pie recipe.
Health Benefits of Pumpkins
Apart from being delicious, pumpkins have numerous health and beauty benefits. They are very rich in iron, magnesium and vitamin C, A, K and E. Pumpkins have a deep and rich orange colour, which is a sign of the presence of beta carotenes: powerful antioxidants that protect our skin from ageing and sun damage (it acts like an internal sunblock, really!). Pumpkin pulp also works wonders as a facial mask: due to its natural high quantity of alpha-hydroxy-acids, when applied to the skin it nourishes and renews skin cells, removing dead cells and revealing a fresh younger glow.
It is great to be able to eat raw pumpkins in order to maintain their natural enzymes, minerals and nourishing properties alive and useful to our body’s nutrition. I hope you enjoy this recipe and I wish you a happy healthy autumn!