Got a sweet tooth? Then I know exactly how you feel. If you like candies and bonbons, you are not alone. But if you are worried with the nasty ingredients and healthy issues related to the sweet pleasure, you don’t have to worry no more!
Today I will share with you a raw food candy recipe, which is healthy, sugar-free, caffeine-free and guilty-free! I call it my healthy French bonbon, because even though this recipe has no cacao or chocolate in it, I created as a substitute of the French Cherry Bonbon. And it is just as good 😉
RAW VEGAN FRENCH BONBON RECIPE
For this recipe you’ll need dates, strawberries, cinnamon, ginger powder and vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract). Add the ingredients gradually as you follow the recipe steps, you may need to add a little water to the blender depending on what blender you have at home, and don’t worry too much about the exact amount of ingredients — you can never go wrong with raw foods 🙂
Alright, all set. Here we go.
1. Cut 4 dates into 8 pieces and let them soak for around half an hour- one hour in water. Afterwards, filter out the water.
2. Use a blender and add a handful of strawberries together with the dates, but also one tea spoon of cinnamon powder, half of a tea spoon or less of ginger, a teaspoon of the vanilla bean paste/extract.
The Bonbon Boat
1. Cut the dates in half with the help of the knife and then fill them with the sauce that you just created.
2. Once this is done, grab a strawberry, remove its leaves and cut it in half.
3. Now, all you have to do is to place the strawberry on top of the date with the sauce inside.
Now you’re ready to enjoy it!
I hop you like it and please make sure you do try this recipe at home. It’s super easy and quick to make, and you’ll also get to enjoy a tasty sweet candy while avoiding additives, caffeine and other nasty chemicals and ingredients.