Let me guess. You crave zucchini noodles but you don’t have a spiralizer at home? Don’t worry, I’ve got your back! Here are 3 very easy ways to make your raw noodles, plus a simple and super delicious Italian pesto recipe you can prepare using nothing but a travel blender.
I can’t wait to share this recipe with you, this is one of my all time favourites. So, if you are ready for raw vegan gluten-free yummy pasta, come on over to the kitchen to learn how to make your no-spirilized easy zucchini noodles with pesto now.
3 Ways How to Make Zucchini Noodles
Wash your zucchinis or courgettes and cut both ends. You can also peel your zucchinis if you want to.
1. The first way you can prepare your zucchini noodles is by using a regular vegetable peeler, or a julienne peeler.
2. The second way you can prepare your courgette noodles is with a lemon zester: use it to make thin stripes. Both methods – with a vegetable peeler or a zester – take longer than using a spiralizer. But if you are on a budget or if you can’t find a spiralizer, these are really great alternatives to make zucchini noodles.
3. The third way you can make a zucchini noodles without a spiraliser is by using a v-slicer. This is a vegetable slicer with interchangeable blades and I always use my v-slicer with protective gloves. You can use cut protection gloves or rubber gloves. I bought my rubber coated gloves at the garden section in my local super market. I use this gloves to protect my fingers because these blades are very very sharp.
Once you sliced your zucchinis you can start preparing your raw vegan Italian pesto.
Easy Raw Vegan Italian Pesto Recipe
For this recipe you won’t need a vitamix or a fancy blender – a compact travel blender will do just the job.
1.Start by putting the ingredients inside your blender:
– Pieces of left-over courgette (the ones you couldn’t slice for noodles)
– 1 cup of dried almonds
– 2 to 3 cloves of garlic (use less or more garlic according to taste)
– 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast (use more if you want it more cheesy)
– Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lemon.
– 1 1/2 tablespoon of dried basil (If you can get fresh basil, use 1 to 2 cups)
– 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt (such as Himalayan salt, natural and unprocessed)
– 1/2 teaspoon of chlorella powder (you can substitute with spirulina).
– 1/4 cup virgin cold pressed olive oil.
2. Blend all ingredients for one or a few minutes until smooth.
3. Once ready, mix the pesto with your noodles and leave it to marinate for about 30 minutes to achieve the ‘al dente’ effect.
Did you see how easy it is to make this recipe, and it’s so delicious! If you double boil the zucchini noodles to make it a little warmer (not cooked!) your family and guests won’t even notice this is a raw recipe. So am telling you. This is so good! And I hope you try this recipe at home.